French and Indian War era Michigiamea/Illini Village Relics
These relics come from a Michigamea/Ilini Native Village Site about one mile north of Fort De Chartres in Randolph County, Illinois. The French fort was abandoned in 1772, and these relics likely predate that period. Most of these items are French trade items or are manufactured by natives of traded materials. Relics include copper ring brooch (appears to be native made), pastry rowell, buttons, copper decoration , arrowheads, westerwald pottery pieces, etc. Fort De Chartres was a large stone French Fortess near the Missippi River in Illinois and was a very important French establishment.